Snow Globe Fun with Mini Dog Figurine!

Tonight I went to a snow-globin' craft party!  Here is my finished project.


It didn't quite turn out as planned...there is no water or snow to shake!  After seeing a fellow crafter attempt the water thing, I decided I was going to stick with this idea since I didn't want to risk damaging Sebastian's homemade Sculpey figurine!!


It was a little tricky making something this small, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I used a picture of Sebastian for the shape, added the scarf, punched eyes in with a nail and used a black dot of clay for the nose.  Oh, then I added hair by scratching the entire figure with a nail.  Here he is sitting in a pan ready to bake.


Then I headed on over to the craft party where there were allllll kinds of things to add to the snow globes.  First I chose a baby food jar.  I arranged some cotton balls on the lid for snow, picked a tree and a present for props, and then glued everything down.  



I added a few snowflakes with some glitter on my props.  I wiped glue on the bottom of the jar with a brush, sprinkled some glitter snow on that, and voila!  My little snow globe wannabe is done! 


I think I'll put it in the window sill.


2 DAYS LATER
I got brave and added water.  It was beautiful...for about 10 minutes!  



4 comments:

Banditpaws said...

Hi! :D I just happened to stumble across this beautiful website. I must say I love your dog! What breed is he?
Anyway, I read the last part, where you added the water. You may have already done this, but if you haven't, here's a better way of getting the water part thing :)
1. Fill the jar halfway with normal tap water.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of glycerine and stir
3. Add 'Snow' Hope I helped! :D

locksmith said...

黃大仙開鎖
慈雲山開鎖
新蒲崗開鎖
樂富開鎖

九龍城開鎖
九龍塘開鎖
石硤尾開鎖
太子開鎖
旺角開鎖

locksmith said...

油麻地開鎖
何文田開鎖
黃埔開鎖

紅磡開鎖
尖沙咀開鎖

locksmith said...

佐敦開鎖
深水埗開鎖
長沙灣開鎖
九龍站開鎖
南昌開鎖

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...